Friday, October 12, 2012

LED jig

Today I finished the construction of the LED grid jig.  It is about 13 ft by 9 ft and made of 2 in. PVC tubing.  I put screws into the tubing 6 in. apart, this is where I will tie the line to keep it taught as I hot glue the connections.  I also used a router to make small craters in a 2 x 6 x 10 piece of wood.  I cut the wood to fit inside the PVC jig  and each crater is 6 inches apart to line up with the connection points.  I will fill the crater with the hot glue to make sure there is a a solid connection between the line.  I also, bought clear plastic tubing today, 432 ft of it to be exact.  I will cut the tube into just under 6 in. pieces which should keep the line from getting out of control, the tubes will also house the LED stranded wire.  I will add an extra inch or two to the stranded LED wire to prevent strain.  Tomorrow and Sunday I have a 3D room reserved to put the grid together in so I will basically be living on campus this weekend to get it done.  I'll take documentation images and video footage to show the process of putting the thing together then I'll post it to the blog some time next week. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment